How Private Lessons Can Help Build your Child’s Self Esteem…
by: Alissa Gittens
Aside from the endless studies that prove students who learn to play a musical instrument excel academically, there are also several benefits for your child’s self-esteem. I have experienced these benefits personally and have witnessed first-hand in the lives of other students.
1. Learning an instrument can be really challenging. Receiving guidance and encouragement from a trained professional will help your child maintain their excitement and minimize any frustration they may experience while learning.
2. As your child continues to overcome challenges and learn new skills they consistently and frequently develop more confidence.
3. With each new skill that your child learns, he or she is more likely to share the information with their peers. Their peers may learn to see your child as a knowledgeable resource further adding to your child’s level of confidence in their new skills
4. Learning how to perform in audience despite feeling nervous is a challenge for most people. As your child gains performance experience they learn how to manage their anxiety which can enhance their ability to communicate in social settings.
5. Receiving consistent positive and constructive feedback from a trained professional does good for students of any age.